ANZSCO: 262113 - Systems Administrator
Guaranteed Positive Assessment!
Get Help From Qualified Native Engineering Experts.
Take Your First Step Towards Successful Migration To Australia & New Zealand!
Who is 262113 Systems Administrator?
One can imagine a situation when the employees won't be able to send emails with an organization or when the internet of the organization is not working. The system administrators are the people who help in preventing such situations. From managing the servers, setting up the network in a company, installing file and mail servers to ensuring a secure internet connection within the organization, systems administrators make sure that all the services are running properly. Large organizations may have different systems administrators for performing specific duties, for instance, a network administrator, a database administrator and a server administrator. However, in smaller companies a few systems administrators share the duties and responsibilities. The (ANZSCO) Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations describes the job role of system administrator under the ANZSCO code 262113. Applicants can use this information for preparing their RPL report. The Australian Computer Society (ACS) assesses the RPL report on the basis of the key areas of knowledge and skills mentioned by the applicants. You can find the complete information about 262113 systems administrators’ job role below.
Job Description of 262113 Systems Administrator
System administrators require extensive knowledge of computer applications, hardware and computer networks. They often have to provide services on-call to ensure that the computer systems of the organization are working efficiently. The job description of 262113 system administrator as per the ANZSCO includes the following:
- System administrators have to diagnose and resolve problems with the computer systems on a daily basis.
- They have to work in collaboration with developers, network specialists or other technicians.
- They might also have to communicate regularly with staff that has no technical knowledge.
- Their main goal is to make sure that the technical structure of the organization is running efficiently.
- They must have knowledge of operating systems, computer hardware, databases and the internet to ensure the optimum working of the computer systems.
Roles and Responsibilities of 262113 Systems Administrator
The roles and responsibilities of a systems administrator are diverse since they are the people required the most in an organization by every other department. In general scenarios, systems administrators may have to perform the following duties:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining the software and hardware of computer systems
- Taking regular backups and enforcing the correct security standards
- Providing support in identifying and resolving the server related malfunctions whether software or hardware related
- Testing the database systems and ensuring that they are working optimally including tracking, debugging and resolving of all the technical issues in the database systems
- Creating and maintaining the databases of the organization including the data tables, data dictionaries, database architecture, naming conventions and master file systems
- Monitoring the network performance and resolving network issues
- Administrating servers, workstations, printers, switches, firewalls, software development and other security updates
- Providing training to the staff regarding maintaining the computer systems
Qualifications Required for 262113 Systems Administrator
- A bachelor or higher degree in computer science or information security or related fields is required for the job role of systems administrators 262113 as per the ANZSCO.
- However, applicants may produce a relevant vendor certificate or present a work experience in the field for a minimum of 5 years to compensate with the formal education requirements.
- In certain scenarios, applicants may require additional training or a work experience as a compulsory requirement.
Skills Required for 262113 Systems Administrator
The requirement for systems administrators is expected to grow in the coming years. Hence, in order to showcase their success in the role of a system administrator, the applicants should present certain essential soft skills in their RPL report. They must understand business processes and be collaborative. Here are certain essential skills that a systems administrator should possess:
- Critical thinking
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Mathematical abilities
- Negotiating skills
- Extraordinary communication skills
- Leadership qualities and teamwork
Along with these personal skills, there are certain technical areas that a systems administrator should master. The ANZSCO provides an extensive list of core ICT units that are closely related with the job duties of a systems administrator.
- Database Management Systems
- Encryption of Data
- Data Communications
- System Administration
- Systems Programming
- Web and the internet
- Project management
- Quality Assurance
- Client-Server Technology
- Computer hardware
- Data Structures
- File Processing
- Systems Security
- Systems Management
- Web security