ANZSCO: 261314 - Software Tester
Guaranteed Positive Assessment!
Get Help From Qualified Native Engineering Experts.
Take Your First Step Towards Successful Migration To Australia & New Zealand!
Who is 261314 Software Tester?
Software testing plays a crucial role in the software development process. It is done to point out the faults and errors that may have occurred in the software development phases starting from the requirement gathering to its implementation. It, therefore, ensures complete customer satisfaction and helps in building a good reputation for the organization. A software tester handles this task of software testing and makes sure that the software products are of alright quality. They are a part of the quality assurance team of the company. They conduct automatic and manual tests and ensure that the software product developed is in accordance with the customer's requirements and fulfil its purpose. The Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) system provide a brief description of the roles and duties related to a software tester. The applicant must refer to occupation code 261314 for more information about this job profile. The assessing authority for skilled migration to Australia in the ICT field is the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Job Description of 261314 Software Tester
Software testers can find opportunities in a wide variety of businesses and corporations such as financial services, retail, manufacturing, media, healthcare, telecommunications, transport and the public sector. The job description for software tester by ANZSCO comprises of the following:
- They are employed to find bugs in the software before the product gets delivered to the customers to ensure its smooth working.
- They have to write and specify the testing plans of software including test cases and test scripts.
- They carry out software testing using automated and manual testing procedures such as regression testing, functional testing, performance testing and scalability testing.
- They prepare documents and log the results of the testing procedures including the faults discovered and how they were rectified.
- Their job role can be quite stressful at times of product release and involve working in a team comprising of fellow testers and quality assurance engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities of 261314 Software Tester
The role of a software tester may vary depending upon the project requirements. Sometimes they are included in the project right from its beginning while in certain scenarios they are brought into a project whenever the testing requirement arises. ANZSCO also defines the typical roles and responsibilities for software tester 261314.
- Identifying the faults and deficiencies in a system and the processes associated with it
- Working in collaboration with software developers, quality assurance engineers and software test engineers
- Providing appropriate feedback to the software development teams regarding the validation of the software solution
- Analyzing, processing and evaluating the systems requirements
- Correcting the errors, faults and failures in the application programs to make sure that the program is in accordance with the quality standards and perform the specified functions
- Maintaining the programs so that they meet the system design, technical requirements and system specifications as per the quality standards
- Providing support and creating documents for software designing tasks, costing and financial evaluation of the software systems, their maintenance and upgradation
- Working on different projects at one time and ensuring proper coordination within them
- Testing the software products in different environments and platforms such as mobile and web
- Meeting the users of the system, providing training or explaining the scope of the software solution to them
Qualifications Required for 261314 Software Tester
- ACS Software testers require qualification of bachelors or higher in the field of computer science and information technology
- In certain scenarios relevant experience or on-job training is a must.
- The applicant can, however, compensate for the formal education with work experience of a minimum of 5 years or produce a relevant vendor certificate.
Skills Required for 261314 Software Tester
Software testers must be tactful and have the ability to coordinate with the team and work together. Here are a few personality traits that applicants can include in their RPL application to demonstrate their competitiveness:
- ability to work under deadlines
- ability to present information
- problem-solving skills
- analytical and critical thinking
- organizational and time management skills
- attention to details
Some closely related ICT units for the occupation of software tester as mentioned by ANZSCO include the following:
- Data Structures
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Information systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Software Testing
- Systems Programming
- Software Engineering
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Formal Languages
- File Processing
- Quality Management
- Project Management