ANZSCO: 135112 - ICT Project Manager
Guaranteed Positive Assessment!
Get Help From Qualified Native Engineering Experts.
Take Your First Step Towards Successful Migration To Australia & New Zealand!
Who is 135112 ICT Project Manager?
The planning, progress and accomplishment of projects in the ICT field is the responsibility of the project manager. Each project has a defined scope, a start time and a defined finish time. Project managers are the people who make sure that the objectives of the projects are fulfilled within the estimated time frame, there is maximum profit and the costs involved are minimal. Hence, we may consider a project manager as the person who is accountable for any issues or discrepancies occurring in the accomplishment of a project. The project managers have to be well aware of the software development life cycle (SDLC), project management methodologies like Scrum or DSDM and software development processes. Occupational duties of ICT project managers are described by Australia New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). The applicants for ICT project manager role can select the code 135112 for their RPL report. Further information about their job role as per ANZSCO is given below.
Job Description of 135112 ICT Project Manager
A project manager acts as the representative of the clients. He understands the requirements and hence helps in defining clear objectives of a project. The job description of a project manager by ANZSCO comprise of the following:
- They are completely responsible for the timeline and organization of the ICT projects.
- They have to make sure that the team members are working efficiently and hence play the role of a good leader.
- They have to think out of the box in order to solve the problems that may occur in the accomplishment of a project.
- They have to coordinate with all the IT staff and administrative department.
- The main focus of their job is organization, timeliness and resource management.
- They have to communicate with clients frequently and understand their requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities of 135112 ICT Project Manager
If your roles and responsibilities match with those given by the ANZSCO code 135112 - ICT project manager then you may use them in your RPL application. The duties of the ICT project manager as described by ANZSCO encompass the following:
- Defining clear, attainable and useful objectives of the project and communicating the same to the whole team
- Planning the resources for a project by determining its scope and estimating the cost and time requirements
- Making sure that the project gets delivered on time
- Measuring and monitoring the progress of the project using appropriate tools
- Creating the team for a project and assigning tasks and deadlines to them
- Conducting regular meetings with the team and getting status updates and reallocating the tasks if required
- Estimating the duration of the tasks and maintaining a schedule
- Communicating with the clients and stakeholders, reporting them about the progress and taking their feedback
- Creating documentation regarding the project, conducting data checks and collecting all the paperwork of the project
- Supervising the ICT system security and directing ICT operations
- Supervising the installation of ICT resources and providing user training
- Suggesting the technological requirements that can meet the needs of the customers
Qualifications Required for 135112 ICT Project Manager
- ANZSCO 135112 - ICT project manager education requirements include a bachelor or higher degree in the field of computer science, management, software engineering, information technology, business, computer programming or related fields.
- A relevant vendor certificate or relevant experience or on the job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- However, a minimum of 5 years of experience can be used to substitute formal educational requirements.
Skills Required for 135112 ICT Project Manager
Project managers need to adapt themselves according to the procedures of the company and formulate healthy relationships with the clients and stakeholders. The skill requirements for an ICT project manager generally include the following:
- ability to manage stressful situations
- multitasking and organizational abilities
- leadership qualities
- critical thinking and analytical abilities
- decision-making ability
- ability to communicate effectively
The technical requirements for ICT project manager 135112 include some core ICT units such as:
- Business Process
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- System Integration
- Software Re-engineering
- Project Management
- Business Information Systems
- Project Planning and Management
- Information Systems
- Automata Theory
- Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Resource Management
- Enterprise Resource Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Development