ANZSCO: 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer
Guaranteed Positive Assessment!
Get Help From Qualified Native Engineering Experts.
Take Your First Step Towards Successful Migration To Australia & New Zealand!
Who is 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer?
Different organizations require computer networks to be installed such as LANs, WANs, extranets, intranet, small area networks, personal area network, voice over internet protocol networks and many more. The computer network and systems engineers have to work with the network systems of an organization whether at national or global levels. Their main aim is to ensure smooth communication among the various departments of the organization via the computer network, protecting the integrity of a company’s data and utilizing the computer network resources effectively. They can work as a part of the IT team of a company or as an independent network consultant and associate with more than one businesses. The Australian and New Zealand standard classification of occupations (ANZSCO) describe the duties, job roles and other requirements for ACS Computer Network and Systems engineers.
Job Description of 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
Different retail groups, banks, transport services, schools, universities, banks, government departments, and other organizations look for 263111 computer network professionals. The ANZSCO provides the Computer Network and Systems engineer job description as the following:
- They are the people who can design, develop, implement and maintain the network of an organization.
- They have to design system configuration and documentation.
- They install and configure the network systems.
- They fix any technical issues in the network and keep a check on its efficiency.
- They also have to upgrade the existing systems time-to-time.
- They are completely responsible for the overall operation of the network systems in an organization.
- They have to maintain the hardware and software that are related to computer network systems.
- They offer support to the whole staff of the company as well as the clients, users and stakeholders by troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
Roles and Responsibilities of 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is the assessing authority for 263111 ANZSCO Computer Network and Systems Engineer. Applicants need to produce an RPL report showcasing their competitiveness and achievements throughout their career. The ANZSCO has listed computer network and system engineer roles and responsibilities that depict the working conditions, scope, duties and purpose of this job title. The candidate, therefore, must conform to the following:
- Establishing network systems, defining their configuration and directing their installation as per the network standards
- Preparing reports regarding the performance of a network
- Maintaining the network system by upgrading the hardware and software timely
- Administrating the access of third-party applications in order to avoid any damage to the company’s data and information
- Finding faults in the network and repairing them
- Providing Network support to the users and clients through phone, email or online chat
- Monitoring the network with respect to the traffic, activity status, usage and capacity to ensure its optimal working
- Coordinating with the staff and the departments of the organisation and establishing effective communication with the team to ensure smooth working of the network systems
Qualifications Required for 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
- Educational requirements for computer network and systems engineer for ACS evaluation are a bachelor's degree or higher in any applicable field such as network security management, mathematics, physics, computer system engineering, computer science and electronics engineering.
- An industry experience of a minimum of 5 years is a must for every applicant with which they can describe the various skills they have learnt and applied in this field.
- Applicants can have a specialization in computer network engineering and computer system integration according to the ANZSCO guidelines.
Skills Required for 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
If your job title, description and responsibilities confirm with the computer network and systems engineer in ANZSCO under the code 263111there are some skills and areas of knowledge that you must resonate within your RPL report to increase your chances of success.
- ability to analyze and solve problems
- organizational skills
- ability to communicate with people who are not technically trained
- ability to handle different tasks
- an aptitude for design and creativity
- knowledge of mathematics, electronics, telecommunications and computer hardware
The core ICT units mentioned by ANZSCO for computer network and systems engineer are:
- Network Security
- Network Monitoring and Management
- Network Programming
- Computer Communication
- Network Design
- Network protocols
- Communications networks like LAN and WAN
- Mobile technologies
- Wireless technologies
- Operating Systems
- Computer Organization
- Computer System Architecture
- Digital Design
- Digital Circuits
- Network Topologies
- Network Interfacing