CDR Report Sample for Industrial Engineers
Guaranteed Positive Assessment!
Get Help From Qualified Native Engineering Experts.
Take Your First Step Towards Successful Migration To Australia & New Zealand!
Industrial Engineer CDR Report Sample
The Competency Demonstration Report Sample for Industrial Engineer includes all the necessary reports such as Three Career Episodes, Continuing Professional Development and Summary Statement. The Content of the Industrial Engineer CDR Report Sample is as follow:
Industrial Engineer Career Episode Report 1
Project Name: “Ergonomic Study on Improving Health and Safety Performance”
Introduction: In first career episode, the author describes the project he did when he was working as Industrial Engineer in Qatar. This career episode is based on his project named as; “Ergonomic Study on Improving Health and Safety Performance”.
Background: Many industries including manufacturing, processing, and construction there is a lot of hazardous and risky environments which the workers are exposed to. Hence there is a need for effective management of workplace to minimize or eliminate where possible the safety and health risks associated which can be achieved by implementing the set international standards on workplace safety. For instance, in the construction industry, the action of stooping, lifting and placing blocks can cause fatigue and lead to injuries in the lower back especially but also in the hands and arms over time for masons. People performing this task repetitively over long durations of time are at risk of muscle or joint injury which could potentially be serious. The risk further increases if you need to twist your body while lifting or holding the blocks or if they are lifted with a single hand. Therefore, I carried out this ergonomic study to ensure the workplace conformed to set standards.
During the time, the responsibilities of the author were to:
- Managing, organizing the resources allocating including making the necessary economic decisions
- Developing the project guidelines and coming up with the measures to achieve the set objective
- Carrying out the study of the company health, and safety performance, going through the safety and health records and identifying the safety gaps needed for improvement.
- Coming up with solutions and supervising the implementation of the research findings
Industrial Engineer Career Episode Report 2
Project Name: “Development of Critical Path Plan”
Introduction: In second career episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used when he was working as Industrial Engineer in Qatar. This career episode is based on his project named as; “Development of Critical Path Plan”.
Background: The main objective of this project was to develop a critical path plan for a construction schedule which was to help in minimizing the timeline for the project and thus avoid ensuing penalties. As project managers and contractors are often faced with strict timelines in the process of developing and implementing their projects where failure to meet the set deadlines often attracts penalties. As result, there is an increased application of critical path analysis in ensuring the projects are completed in a timely fashion.
During the time, the responsibilities of the author were to:
- Meet with all the group members to deliberate on the project objectives, method to employ, set timeline and share the duties and responsibilities
- Carry out a background study for the project as well as visiting the various sites
- Develop conceptual critical path plan identifying the shortest route possible to execute the project.
- Work in collaboration with other groups involved in the project in making the necessary changes to ensure the critical path plan was within the set timeline
- Presenting the detailed analysis and final critical path plan for the project schedule to the management and the client
Industrial Engineer Career Episode Report 3
Project Name: “Engineering Economic-Based Analysis”
Introduction: In third career episode, the author explains the engineering skills he used when he was working as Industrial Engineer in Qatar. This career episode is based on his project named as; “Engineering Economic-Based Analysis”.
Background: Engineers are mostly faced with several challenges that require sound decision making for a success to be attained. In that sense engineering, economic based analysis is always employed to assist in making important considerations when faced with evaluating the probability of project success. It’s also applied when having to make a choice between two or more projects in determining the most economical and likely to succeed. Therefore, the author was tasked with carrying out an engineering economic-based analysis on the two models trucks available in the local dealers. The analysis was to, provide the most economical truck model to purchase.During the time, the responsibilities of the author were to:
- Arrange meetings with all the involved members to discuss on the set objectives, come up with the project guidelines and timelines
- Carry out an economic analysis for the two available and give the cheaper and more economical one to run.
- Liaise with the procurement department in bargaining and delivery of the truck as well as obtaining the necessary licensing and insurance
- Supervise the commissioning and testing of the truck and its suitability to the construction project.
- Documentation of the process as well as presenting to the company management on the progress.
Industrial Engineer Summary Statement
In his summary statement the author presents all the competency elements required for Professional IndustrialEngineer. There are cross references in the summary statement to the relevant paragraph of the episodes, as explained in the Engineers Australia migration skills assessment booklet. His Summary Statement is in complete accordance with the today’s requirements of the Engineers Australia.
Industrial Engineer Continuing Professional Development
The CPD includes professional courses, non-professional courses and private study. CPD Sample clearly explains the author’s IndustrialEngineering Knowledge.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to all your queries and doubts regarding Industrial Engineer CDR writing instantly!